At Cristo Rey Kansas City, supports are in place to promote the health and well-being of students.
Professional resources include:
- school nurse
- social emotional counseling
Our school nurse, Mrs. Barragan is available to students and staff during school hours and provides services for those in need.If you are unsure if your child should stay home due to an illness please click here for more information.
On-site services include:
- Assessment and treatment of injury and illness within established protocols.
- Administration of medications with appropriate permissions on file.
- Collaboration with parents and faculty to support students with chronic illnesses.
- Care plans to accommodate the student with special needs.
General Resources for Health and Dental Care
- For information about school immunization requirements please click here.
- For assistance with a health concern, please visit Kansas City Health Resource for services in Kansas and Missouri.
- For information about Medicaid in Kansas click here.
- For information about Medicaid in Missouri click here.
Partnerships that Benefit Our Students
Cristo Rey Kansas City partners with a wide array of community health and wellness organizations throughout the school year.
- Seton Center Dental Clinic’s Adopt a School Program. Dental services – at no cost – are available for students. With written parental consent, a Cristo Rey staff member can take students to the Seton Center during the school day
- Giving the Basics steps in to provide the necessities of life, not covered by government assistance programs - laundry soap, shampoos, deodorant, toilet paper and other personal care hygiene items.