Our Counseling Program
The counseling department's mission is to support students in their academic, career, and social-emotional development through offering a social-emotional curriculum, solutions-focused goal setting, individual and group counseling, and connecting to resources in the community. Counseling services also support parents and guardians, teachers, and support staff by providing consultation and training on essential topics such as trauma-informed care, therapeutic and conscious discipline, mental health awareness, and community resources.
The vision of the counseling department is to empower students to realize that they are capable and courageous and that their voice and experience matter. In addition, the counseling department strives to reduce the stigma of mental health by promoting the care and balance of the physical, mental, social, and spiritual well-being of the individual and their community.
- Students want to do well in school and life and sometimes need to learn new skills.
- Students have the capability and courage within them to solve their problems.
- Students' perspectives and experiences matter.
- Effective school counseling is a collaborative process between counselors, students, families, teachers, administrators, student support staff, and education stakeholders.
- School counseling programs promote and enhance student academic, career, and social-emotional outcomes.
- Every student should have access to their school counselor.
- Individual counseling: career, academic, social-emotional
- Group counseling: variety of topics
- Social Emotional Programs: Conflict Resolution, Healthy Relationships Parent Consultations
- Referrals to relevant resources in the community
Support for Cancer
A cancer diagnosis can be very difficult for a family to navigate. It can be especially difficult to tell your child that their loved one has terminal cancer. That said, there are many ways to support your children as they face the challenge of a sick loved one. Learn more here.