Full Time Faculty
Cristo Rey Kansas City seeks certified faculty in all subject areas for the 2017 - 2018 school year. Though no specific opportunities are available at this time, applications and resumes will be collected for future position openings. Experience in urban schools preferred, though not required. Please complete an online application (https://cristo-rey.herokuapp.com/)and email resume to Michael Padow (firstname.lastname@example.org) if interested.
A Cristo Rey college mentor establishes a relationship with each Cristo Rey graduate assigned to him/her for the purpose of helping the graduate succeed in college.
Must be a graduate of Cristo Rey in 3rd or 4th year of college or a college graduate.
Preference given to a graduate who has attended Penn Valley, UMKC, Rockhurst or Avila.
Interest in making a difference in the life of a student.
Enthusiasm, positive attitude and an ability to build relationships
Time to commit (at least 10-15 hours/month)
Car, license and insurance (paid mileage)
Must have taken Virtus training and had background check.
Makes contact with the students attending college in the Kansas City area at least twice a month via email, phone, text, Facebook, or in-person visits. One visit each month should be face to face.
Updates contact information in alumni office.
Offers encouragement and support when necessary.
Helps students become independent problem-solvers within the college environment (e.g. helps students find campus ministry, student services, tutoring, etc.).
Establishes a relationship before the student starts classes in the fall.
Becomes familiar with the college that the student is attending by reviewing the college website.
Familiarizes himself/herself with the student’s major and credit requirements.
Takes a personal interest in the student’s life without intruding.
Follows the colleges’ calendars to keep up with mid-terms, fall/spring breaks.
Reports to Sister Linda Roth at Cristo Rey (supervisor) bi-weekly with updates.
Submits bi-weekly time sheets
Start date: March or April, 2017
Contact Sister Linda at 816-457-6044, or Lroth@cristoreykc.org, with questions or interest in applying.
Cristo Rey Kansas City seeks certified substitute teachers in all subject areas. Experience in urban schools preferred, though not required. Please submit application online Please complete an online application (https://cristo-rey.herokuapp.com/)and email resume to Marianne Organ (email@example.com) if interested.
Full-Time School Bus Driver
Download the Job Description
Cristo Rey Kansas City is looking for full-time school bus driver for the Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP).
Reports to: CWSP Transportation Coordinator
- Transports students in compliance with all safety regulations and rules of the road as established by the states of both Kansas and Missouri.
- Submits to and passes appropriate background checks and drug / alcohol testing as deemed appropriate
- Adheres to and enforces all rules established for students and staff by CRKC.
- Maintains a current bus driver’s license
- Reports any/all bus malfunctions or needed repairs and secures the bus with locked doors and windows daily
- Reports delays, accidents or problematic transportation situations using telephone or two-way radios
- Adhere to strict time schedules and routes for boarding, dropping off and picking up students from both neighborhoods, businesses and corporate sponsors as directed by the Transportation Coordinator
- Notifies the Transportation Coordinator at least 24 hours in advance if unable to drive the bus on any given day due to illness or emergency; at least 72 hours for medical appointments and at least 2 weeks for personal time.
- Be a positive adult model for CRKC students by adhering to established expectations including but not limited to:
o Use of appropriate, respectful and ''clean'' language
o No smoking at any time or anywhere on school property, where students are present, or while driving a school vehicle
o Modest and appropriate dress as outlined in the employee handbook
o No personal use of cell phones while driving or while students are being transported
o No personal use of vehicles or gas cards unless approved by the Transportation Coordinator
- Maintains a valid bus driver’s license and meets any/all requirements as established by the states of Kansas and Missouri
- Successful experiences working with young adult male/female students
- Knows, accepts and enforces the rules and employee expectations of CRKC
Please complete an online application (https://cristo-rey.herokuapp.com/) and submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Cristo Rey’s mission is to provide a Catholic, college prep education enhanced by an innovative corporate work study program to a diverse population with economic need.